Japan is an affordable destination even if you have limited budget. With a little planning in advance it is easier to travel the country than you think. There are a wide variety of budget accommodation, transport passes, sightseeing options and much more. Why not decide visiting one of the most technological advance nation once in a lifetime. Let’s discuss how to procure the Japan visa.
Please Note: Japan consulate is not accepting direct applications in India. You are advised to apply through the VFS.
Visa fees: 1140/– Indian Rupees or $15. VFS Service charge Rs. 650 or $10 and embassy charge Rs. 490 or $7. The fees would be refunded if your visa is not approved. The visa cost will vary depending on your nationality.
Processing time: 4 working days.
- Passport (with six months of validity). You are required to submit the old passport if you had in the past.
- Photocopy of your passport (Front and back pages).
- Visa application form. Link: https://www.vfsglobal.com/japan/
- Photograph (1 copy, Size 2X2 with white background, Matte or glossy)
- Hotel bookings (You may use booking.com. It is not mandatory to have payments made for your hotel).
- Day-wise Itinerary and the places you are going to visit during the course of your travel.
- Flight reservation with return bookings.
- Bank statements for 6 months.
- ITR-Return for 3 years (Applicable for job holders only).
- Covering letter stating the purpose of your visit.
Please Note: Visa will have 3 months of validity. You are authorized to visit once for 15 days during the period of 3 months.