If you are willing to explore the more of the south-east, the Philippines makes a great destination which comprises 7641 islands. Since last year, Philippines is offering free visa on arrival for Indians. If you possess a tourist/business/student visa/ and an onward ticket to India or another country you have the privilege to acquire Philippines visa on your arrival with no hassle. By default, Permanent residents of any of the countries UK, USA, Singapore, Canada, Australia, Japan, and Europe are eligible for Philippines visa.
Best way to acquire Philippines visa on arrival
If you do not hold a visa from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, and Europe (Shenzhen region)
1. Get a multiple-entry Singapore Tourist visa. A single entry Singapore tourist visa will not be considered for visa on arrival at Manila international airport.
2. You may spend a day or two in Singapore before flying to Philippines. This gives you the advantage to explore another country while on your way to a country made up of beautiful islands-Philippines. A visit to Singapore is mandatory in case of multiple-entry visa.
3. Get a multi-city air-ticket India-Singapore-Manila-Singapore-India. This is the safest approach to avoid any visa-related issue or from any interrogation by Immigration authorities at the Manila international airport.
4. Get your visa stamped at the Manila airport by filling up a form. The visa will be issued for 14 days which is extendable for 7 days more. The visa stamping will have your date of exit.
Tourist Visa- Standard Procedure
Getting a Philippines tourist visa otherwise can be a tiresome experience.
- Validity – Six months
- A photocopy of duly filled visa application form
- Two-color photographs
- Covering letter from the applicant stating the purpose and duration of the visit
- Original confirmed return/onward air ticket
- Proof of hotel reservation.
- Original and photocopy of Income Tax Returns and photocopy of pan card
- Original and photocopy of Investment documents
- Payment of Visa Fees
- Credit Card Copy or Foreign Exchange with USD 500 minimum
- The Single-Entry visa processing fees is Rs. 4500 or $63 with 60 (2 months) days of validity. A multiple-entry visa is for Rs. 4740 or $66 with 6 months of validity.
Other types of Philipines visa
Business Visa- Visa will be granted if you do not stay in the country for a longer period of time.
Employment visa- You can plan and live in the country for 6 months seeking jobs. Mostly it depends on your employer and the ministry of foreign affairs in Philipines.
Family/Friend visit- visa- You need an invitation letter from your friend/relative specifying the purpose of travel and other details.