W.e.f October 01, 2019, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation announced free E-visa to Indians and other 38 countries to visit one of the most spectacular and culturally diverse cities of the world- Saint Petersburg. The Russian government has liberalized the visa norms recently to draw more visitors to the former Russian capital previously known as Leningrad. The facility is extended till 2021 for Indian visitors.
Terms & Conditions:
- The electronically approved visa will be valid for 30 days only.
- Your stay should not exceed more than 8 days in Saint Petersburg and other Leningrad Oblast regions.
- The application needs to be submitted 4 days before the date of your travel. You do not need to worry about approval. The applications will be scanned and approved fairly quickly. I would advise that you apply well in advance to avoid the last-minute hassle.
- The e-visa would be valid only for arrival and departure, through borders of Saint Petersburg and other Leningrad region. Pulkovo International airport and other sea-ports will also be opened for the entry.
- Foreign nationals will be solely responsible for all the information they furnish at the time of visa application.
E-visa process and application:
- Apply for visa through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation website: https://evisa.kdmid.ru/ .
- Generate applicant ID
- Provide details: citizenship, surname, name (names), date of birth, sex, passport number, and upload photographs.
For more info about the city:
See Russia Itinerary: https://thewanderingman.in/2019/09/07/itinerary-russia/
Visit Photo gallery: https://thewanderingman.in/2019/08/23/photo-gallery-2/