7 days itinerary to a yet another exiting destination, covering two major bustling cities of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh. Download itinerary in PDF in the end for your reference.
Day 1 sightseeing
- Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum (Lăng Hồ Chí Minh)
Dedicated to Ho Chi Minh’s former president and a revolutionary leader is a prominent memorial in Hanoi. Spend 45 minutes.
2. One-Pillar Pagoda (Chùa Một Cột)
One-Pillar Pagoda is a Buddhist temple and one of the famous attractions in Vietnam. Spend 1 hour and 30 minutes.
3. Hoan Kiem Lake (Hồ Hoàn Kiếm)
One of the famous landmarks and located in the heart of Hanoi’s city center is natural body water in the old quarter. Spend 45 minutes. This is a place where you can also enjoy night markets and street food during the evenings.
4. St. Joseph’s Cathedral (Nhà thờ thánh Joseph)
A 20th century Roman Catholic cathedral in the Neo-Gothic style is a must-see attraction. Spend 30 minutes.
5. Old Town (Phố cổ)
An old neighborhood with a maze of streets with several shops offering various goods. Spend 1 hour.
6. Vietnam Museum of Ethnology (Bảo tàng dân tộc học Việt Nam)
The museum exhibits art, artifacts, and other common household types of equipment from various communities of Vietnam.
Day 2 sightseeing
7. Temple of Literature (Văn Miếu Quốc Tử Giám)
One of the famous places in Vietnam and an 11th century temple dedicated to the life and works of Confucius. Spend 1 hour.
8. Vietnam National Museum of Fine Arts (Văn Miếu Quốc Tử)
Museums of fine art located right across the Temple of Literature. Spend 1 hour and 30 minutes.
9. Military History Museum (Văn Miếu Quốc Tử)
Repository of various arms and artillery related to history of Vietnam is a must-see attraction in Hanoi. Spend 1 hour.
10. Hoa Lo Prison (Nhà tù Hỏa Lò)
Hoa Lo prison is a depiction of horrors of Vietnam’s war and a memorial dedicated to the people who lost their lives at the time of unrest. spend 45 minutes.
11. Vietnamese Women’s Museum (Bảo tàng Phụ nữ Việt Nam)
To honor the role of Vietnamese women in society, commerce, family upbringing, and war. Spend 1 hour.
You can amend your itinerary above based on interests. Popular nightlife landmarks of Hanoi include:
- Bai Hoi Junction- A must-visit for any first-time visitor to Hanoi, Bia Hoi Junction is regarded as a popular destination for expats, tourists, and locals. The famous spot is known for ice-cold beers and stalls serving steamed peanuts, fried tofu, skewered meats, and beef. Great place for budget travelers. Location: Ta Hien and Luong Ngoc Quyen streets.
2. Legend Beer– A third-story bar is a great place to hang out and to have ice cold beer. Have some stunning views of Hanoi and Hoan Kiem Lake.
Day 3 Transit
Hanoi – Hay long Bay transit
You can travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay by the 6 main mean of transports, which includes motorbike, coach, shuttle bus, private car, train, helicopter, and waterway transport (in Hai Phong). The cheapest mode of transport is the bus costing $7 or 500 Indian rupees. The journey duration is 3-4 hours.
You can complete Halong bay tour in a day. Various tour companies are offering full-day tour packages. General sightseeing includes visit to Halong Pearl Farm village, Tiptop island, and Sung Sot Cave. The Bamboo boat is famous and one of the great things to do to witness the surreal landscapes of charming Halong Bay. Visit: https://www.halongbaytours.com/ for Bay tour.
Day 4 Hanoi- Ho Chin Minh city transit
The fastest way to transit between the cities is by air. The cheapest one-way fare costs $350 or 2500 Indian rupees. Most prominent domestic carriers Vietjet air.com and Bamboo.
- Notre Dame Cathedral (nhà thờ Đức Bà)
This is a cathedral built in 1880’s. Spend 1 hour.
2. Saigon Opera House (Nhà hát lớn Sài Gòn)
Know as Municipal Theatre of Ho Chi Minh City is an opera that can accommodate 500 people. Spend 30 minutes.
3. Ho Chi Minh Square (Quảng trường Hồ Chí Minh)
Central square know for picturesque gardens. Spend 45 minutes.
4. Ho Chi Minh City Museum (Bảo tàng thành phố Hồ Chí Minh)
Museum depicting the struggle of independence housed in the 1890 mansion. Spend 1 hour and 30 minutes.
5. Reunification Palace (Bảo Bảo, thành phố Hồ Chí Minh)
Grand palace which had been the site for many historical events in the history of Vietnam. Spend 2 hours.
6. War Remnants Museum (Bảo Bảo, thành phố Hồ Chí Minh)
Know for explicit photos, authentic war memorabilia, weapons, and war vehicles from the Vietnam war. Spend 1 hour and 30 minutes.
7. Fine Arts Museum (Bảo tàng mỹ thuật)
See contemporary and historic art from Vietnam. Spend 1 hour and 30 minutes.
8. Bitexco Financial Tower – Saigon Skydeck (Tháp tài chính Bitexco – Saigon Skydeck)
The impressive tower has 68 floors and the tallest building in the city. Spend 1 hour.
9. Ben Thanh Market (Chợ Bến Thành)
A historic market with over 3000 vendors selling good and services.
Trip ends. Head back to the Airport.