It is advised to apply for the visa in the month of March- April as Thailand celebrates the Chakri day on April 06 of every year, and during this period visa fees would be waived-off. I planned my trip in the month of April and applied through a visa consultancy firm, surprisingly, I did not pay any visa cost except a service charge.
For applying for the visa in your country, you are required to fill the visa form along with mandatory ID proofs:
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months with two opposite blank pages.
- Visa Application Form completely filled in and signed by the applicant.
- Checklist signed by the applicant.
- Two recent photographs of the applicants per the specification.
- Visa fees.
- Evidence of permanent residence in India/abroad (non-Indian passport holder).
Consulate Application form Thailand. Example given as under:
Thailand sticker visa example given as under:
You can also choose visa on arrival when you land at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok. You could see long queues. The immigration staff is polite and friendly. Visa Cost: 2000 THB
7. Apply for visa online:
- Thailand E-Visa: Until the April 2020, the government of the Kingdom of Thailand is waiving the additional 2,000 Baht payment when entering to Thailand with an E-Visa.
2. VFS Thailand (Choose your country and locate the nearest visa application center.
3. Thai Embassy (You can also apply directly)
The Procedure for Visa on Arrival in Thailand
- Airline Boarding Pass.
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months following your departure date with at least 2 remaining unused pages for any necessary entry and exit stamps that may be issued.
- A completed visa application form available at Immigration checkpoints in Thailand.
- One recent photograph of 4 x 6 centimeters head shot not older than 6 month.
- A confirmed airline ticket showing the departure from Thailand within 15 days of the date of entry. Land exit from Thailand will disqualify you for Visa on Arrival.
- A completed Arrival-Departure card, which the airline staff will distribute before landing in Thailand.
- The travelers will need to carry 20,000 THB or 500 USD in cash per person as a proof of means of living in Thailand.
- Visa on Arrival application fee of 2,000 Baht.- Until the April 2020, the government of the Kingdom of Thailand is waiving the additional 2,000 Baht payment when entering Thailand with an E-Visa.